Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Celebrate Myself

      Society nowadays has a specific portrayal of the person whom you should aim to be. People are not unique anymore because they are afraid of being judged and not being able to fit in.

     But I celebrate myself, I like myself I feel like I am unique and I do not do strive to please other people. I do what I do for myself, I wear what I wear because I like it and I don't stand in front of the mirror thinking "Am I going to fit in?" There are some people who want to no be seen to be invisible and not stand out. But I don't find a point in that, you exist so you deserve to be seen and you shouldn't live life thinking that it's better to blend in than to stand out.

    People think that' it's a bad thing to be seen because it might define you as weird but that is not the case in fact if you are too quite and don't make yourself seen then people will see you as different and weird. So celebrate yourself because we are all amazing, unique people who deserve to be acknowledged.

2 comments:

  1. In our society, individualism is rather encouraged and sometimes, it's a good thing to be special and stand out. Still, what if we were all totally unique? What if we all pursued personalities, social norms, and interests so different from each other that we couldn't even have enough common ground for a friendship or even friendly conversation? It'd be arguably the height of individualism but maybe it wouldn't be a very ideal thing, so maybe there are limits to how far "uniqueness" should go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like what people generaly wear are you not unique just because you agree with the crowd?

    ReplyDelete