Sunday, October 27, 2013

Poe

          I really like Poe, he is very gruesome and always gives us an unexpected ending. I like the gory details and the supernatural beings included in his stories.
       
      When I was in eighth grade my teacher made us read a lot of his stories and I really like them. There were two stories which I really liked. One was when a man killed his cat and the cat was "haunting" him and then one where this man had a obsession with a woman's teeth and he took them out and that was amazing.
   
        But I actually do feel bad for Edgar since he was very depressed his wife died and so did many other loved ones and well I really feel like he is expressing himself in his stories and so I feel really bad for him because he is speaking from his heart and if those are the things coming out of him then he must be really hurt on the inside. Hopefully he didn't end up a crazy man because that would be really sad.
   
       Well but if he didnt have those bad thoughts then we wouldn't have the crazy good stories we have today that he left behind, those bad things happened to him form some reason.

2 comments:

  1. I really appreciate that you have a totally different perspective on Poe, you give him a chance and see his work as art. I think your point that if he wasn't a wee bit crazy we wouldn't have such amazing literature to look at! Thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you included 'I really feel like he is expressing himself in his stories and so I feel really bad for him because he is speaking from his heart and if those are the things coming out of him then he must be really hurt on the inside.'

    It shows a new viewpoint of him using his hardships in life as a brush for his literary works. The hardships in his life heavily influenced his writing, and those are some of the things that made it better. It's a fantastic turn of events, although drastic for him. I like your significant points.

    ReplyDelete